We create a nurturing environment that supports the natural curiosity and creativity of each child, while stimulating their inherent love of learning. The classrooms are tailored to meet the needs and interests of the individual child and emphasis is given to the development of the physical, emotional, social, and academic skills providing a powerful educational foundation and enthusiastically preparing them for a fulfilling, self-expressed and productive life.
Benefits of the unique Growing Light Montessori classrooms include:
- Development of the whole child in an enriching, enticing, and pleasing environment.
- Developmentally appropriate, multi-aged classrooms from Toddler through 3rd grade.
- Teaching students respect and responsibility for one another through clear communication and by treating each other with graciousness and generosity.
- Instilling a love and respect for the environment through activities such as worm composting, recycling and an afternoon nature studies & gardening program.
- Being compassionate and self-expressed, listening, honoring and respecting one another and all living things.
- Physical development, including creative & cultural dance class, sports, yoga, individual achievements and team spirit.
- Strong academics within an integrated curriculum.
- Intellectual development with meaningful explorations of diverse topics such as world cultures, mythology, astronomy, botany, zoology, science experiments and geometry.
- An empowering foundation where each child is encouraged to do his/her personal best.
- Integrated daily programs in Spanish, PE, Music, the Performing Arts and producing theatrical products for the community
- Handwork — to develop skill and craftsmanship while expressing creativity and producing satisfying results.
- Organic produce, nutritional snacks, health & body awareness, and overall well being.
Diverse staff & languages spoken:
GLMS has been owned, operated, and serving the community since 1986. There are currently 2 locations providing child care and private school education.