Growing Light Montessori school is a family owned and operated school with multiple locations across the Bay Area. We have been serving families with Montessori Education since 1986. We create a nurturing environment that supports the natural curiosity and creativity of each child, while stimulating their inherent love of learning. The classrooms are tailored to meet the needs and interests of the individual child and emphasis is given to the development of the physical, emotional, social, and academic skills providing a powerful educational foundation and enthusiastically preparing them for a fulfilling, self-expressed and productive life.
Benefits of the unique Growing Light Montessori classrooms include:
- Development of the whole child in an enriching, enticing, and pleasing environment.
- Developmentally appropriate, multi-age classrooms from Toddler through 1st Grade.
- Teaching students respect and responsibility for one another through clear communication and by treating each other with graciousness and generosity.
- Instilling a love and respect for the environment through activities such as worm composting, recycling, nature studies and gardening program.
- Being compassionate and self-expressed, listening, honoring and respecting one another and all living things.
- Physical development, including creative and cultural dance class, sports, yoga, individual achievements and team spirit.
- Strong academics within an integrated curriculum.
- Intellectual development with meaningful explorations of diverse topics such as world cultures, mythology, astronomy, botany, zoology, science experiments and geometry.
- An empowering foundation where each child is encouraged to do his/her personal best.
- Integrated daily programs in Spanish, PE, Music, the Performing Arts and producing theatrical products for the community
- Handwork — to develop skill and craftsmanship while expressing creativity and producing satisfying results.
- Organic produce, nutritional snacks, health and body awareness, and overall well being.
Diverse staff & languages spoken:
GLMS is proud to work with organizations and businesses that help enrich our community and our children’s life experience.